Those that have been in one of my keynote presentations know that I believe we as leaders have been called at this special moment in time … in this age of disruption to lead our organizations into an unknown future. But how do we do that. This is at the core of today’s conversation with Kathy Mazzarella the chairman, president and CEO of Graybar,
Today we explore the fifth component of The Innovative Distributor™ – Transformative Leadership.
Kathy’s leadership begins with taking the long-term view. Of course having to perform for today, Kathy however defines her leadership role as budding an organization that is stronger for the next generation … to make a positive difference on those who count on the company, not just today, but into the future.
Throughout our conversation Kathy specifically explains how she unleashes the potential of the organization.
In this episode Kathy and I explore:
- Why leadership is needed now more than ever before
- The responsibility to insure our organization exists for decades
- The counter-intuitive criteria for selecting a company’s leader
- The core characteristics of great leaders
- What leaders should do the first 90 days in their new leadership role
- How leaders unleash the potential of an organization
- How to escape the tyranny of the urgent
- The CEO’s hack to planning and prioritizing
- The counter-intuitive direction leaders must give in good times … and in bad.
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here