Rod Fallow, president of Swagelok Northern California believes his primary responsibility as a leader is to create a relevant and compelling future that every employee can rally around.
In our first episode with Rod, we spoke about that future he envisions. In this episode we explore the effective leadership processes and tools that have been embedded into his organization to insure he and his leadership team are serving their associates while inspiring commitment to achieve the company goals.
At the core of this process is a series of conversations with each associate that is focused on elevating performance and accelerating their growth and development.
They have thrown out the book that says every employee deserves a formal annual performance review and evaluation. In it’s place they’ve committed to a rhythm of frank conversations that fosters trust and openness. The result is a focused and energized team committed to execution of the company’s strategic plan while always working towards improved performance and accelerated skill development.
In this 30 minute episode Rod and I discuss:
- The most important role of leadership
- Why the best leaders feel a duty to serve
- Why you should hire over qualified candidates (isn’t that opposite of what we’ve been taught?)
- Inspiring elevated performance and accelerated development
- Why they stopped doing the formal annual performance review
- Three steps to executing a strategic plan
The Show Notes
- Meet Rod Fallow
- Swagelok Norther California
- Strategic Coach
- INNOVATE! How Successful Distributors Lead Change In Disruptive Times
- Dirk Beveridge Speaking
- UnleashWD Innovation Summit
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Rod Fallow Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – How To Become Your Customers Favorite Story
- Episode 2 – Locking Down Company Culture
- Episode 3 – Developing Value Through An Ecosystem of Deep Expertise
- Episode 4 – An Inch Wide And Mile Deep Business Model
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here