Joe Nettemeyer believes the very nature of leadership throughout distribution is changing .. and must change.
Joe explains that there has been a seduction to “easy” as a result of the long history of growth our economy, markets, industries, and businesses have experienced over the last decades.
There is opportunity in not being seduced by easy. Joe Nettemeyer
In years past, leaders could ride the wave. It wasn’t important to lead, it was just important to service what was rolling in the door. Now as the world and our markets change at a disruptive pace, we must create demand, not just service demand, and that takes a different thought process, a different way of thinking and transformative leadership.
In this fifth episode with Joe, as he and I explore The Innovative Distributor model, Joe shares his views on the need for transformative leadership in distribution today. After listening you’ll takeaway amazing insights to focus your organization on the needed change … as transformative leaders do.
In this 37 minute episode Joe and I discuss:
- The calling leaders have to lead into the future
- The opportunity in not being seduced by “easy”
- The critical roles of leaders
- How to escape the tyranny of the urgent
- Stretching high potential individuals to see what they’re capable of
- Why leaders need to ask themselves – “What’s The Dumbest Thing You’ve Done In The Last Six Months?”
- Two limiting factors of achieving our potential
- In a world of ubiquitous information – filtering and prioritizing what is important to learn
- How a CEO’s learning journey ties into the company strategic planning process
- How peering into the future influences the learning journey
- Beating Amazon
The Show Notes
- Valin Corporation
- Valin Corporation featured on Discovery Channel series “Innovations”
- Continued Investment Contributes To Valin’s Growth
- INNOVATE! How Successful Distributors Lead Change In Disruptive Times
- Dirk Beveridge Speaking
- UnleashWD Innovation Summit
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Joe Nettemeyer Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – Average Is Over – A Call For Innovation
- Episode 2 – Culture Is The Great Differentiator – From Me To WE
- Episode 3 – Your Future Is Defined By What It Stands For
- Episode 4 – How Valin Innovated Its Business Model To Increase The Value Of The Company 6 Fold In Just Four Years
* Links will be provided when each episode is published
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here