This is the fourth in our series with Mike Smith president and CEO of OneSource Distributors, and other leaders on his team, as we explore how they lead to insure they are creating a relevant, sustainable, and profitable future.
In this episode we explore Mike’s view of business model innovation and how he leads this continuous effort. Coming from a software background, Mike understands with clarity and conviction the role digital capabilities play in re-imagining possibilities and innovating business models. As such we discuss digital transformation at OneSource and how they find new ways to create, deliver, and capture value.
In this episode Mike and I discuss:
- Business models that integrate business processes with the customer’s processes
- How Mike and his team have created a virtual distribution center
- The transition of their ERP system from an efficient character based system focused on transactions to a web based solution that helps both customers and employees do their jobs better
- Three jobs that need to be done through digital transformation – efficiency, proactivity, and real time
- Business model innovation at a time when distributors must figure out how to compete against alternative channels
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here
The Show Notes
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – The Future Happened Yesterday … How Do We Get Ahead of It
- Episode 2 – Getting Ahead of the Future Through A Culture of Engagement
- Episode 3 – Digital Transformation: Relevance & Customer Centricity
- Episode 5 – Transformative Leadership