The culture of APR Supply can be summed up by president and CEO Scott Weaver’s response to the company receptionist when she asked Scott, how is day was going. Scott’s reply: One north of fantastic.
This mindset has embedded itself deep into the culture of APR Supply, and more than a platitude or play on emotion, it accurately describes how the company approaches the business.
Developing a fantastic culture is not easy. It requires a committed leadership team with a vision and a set of values that maintains focus and excellence. It all requires discipline … discipline in critical thinking, relentless implementation, and the ability to learn, unlearn, and relearn.
In this 45 minute episode Scott and I discuss:
- Culture eats strategy for lunch
- The look of a great culture
- “One north of fantastic”
- The role of mission and values in creating a fantastic culture
- Revisiting Darwin … and developing an organization prepared to adapt
- Financial rewards … how to build them as a supporter of culture
- What it means when a company is committed to learn, unlearn, and relearn
- Focusing the organization beyond the transaction to lifetime relationships
- Creating a culture of innovative change
- The importance of critical thinking
- The 80% rule of decision making
- The Impediments to change
- Speed of decision making versus speed of adoption
- The concept of rational and relentless implementation
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here
The Show Notes
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Podcast Series
- How To Double Your Business Every Five Years: Vision At Work
- Episode 3 – APR Differentiating Value Proposition
- Episode 4 – APR Unique & Innovative Business Model
- Episode 5 – Transformative Leadership