APR Supply found themselves in the middle of a recession that as all economic downturns do, impacted their ability to grow. And then as if in the midst of a perfect storm … one of their top ten manufacturers declared bankruptcy, and another … choose a distributor other than APR to distribute their product.
At the helm of the company was the president and Scott Weaver, the 27 year old son-in-law vice president of operations. Today Scott is the president and CEO of APR Supply … but as you’ll learn in this episode that career path was not ordained. In fact, in the middle of this perfect storm, Scott sought out the opportunity to make a career defining decision to innovate APR’s business model.
In this episode, which has the potential to catalyze your career when you listen all the way through, we learn of the due diligence that led up to this critical decision in APRs history and how once made how it unleashed decades of innovation.
The story is riveting, the lessons instructional, and be sure to listen through to the end because nat about the half way point, Scott and I discuss a very innovative business model that APR has created with three other distributors in the form of a strategic alliance. All on a handshake.
In this 50 minute episode Scott and I discuss:
- The difference between healthy and smart businesses and why you must be both
- What this CEO did when faced with a “grow or die” decision at the height of recession
- Balancing conflicting decisions – those good for your career versus good for the business
- Making BIG decisions as a young leader …. and as one readying for retirement
- How the right technology enables business model innovation
- Doing business on a handshake – without lawyers involved
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here