Mike Smith, the President and CEO of OneSource believes that leadership is very personal. The human side of leadership involves the deep rooted caring and even love of those on your team. Not just wanting the best for each, but having a mutual respect for one another that allows for speaking directly with the individual’s best interest in mind.
Genuinely caring for fellow workers and the common mission continue to resonate through Mike’s an my conversation. Mike is an amazing leader. I have witnessed how he interacts with his team and there are lessons in that for us all. You’ll also learn how Mike leads by being receptive to structured coaching from his direct reports. You don’t hear that much … that’s why I’m excited for you to jump in to this meaningful episode.
In this 47 minute episode Mike and I discuss:
- Leaders as mentors and coaches
- The word ‘love” and it’s role in business
- Why people are naturally afraid of titles
- Why the best leaders are innately curious
- Why Mike is injecting youth into the organization
- Why Mike sent a 23 year old to onboard an acquisition and lead a million dollar building renovation
- What OneSource has found in its millennial workforce
- The setting up of an incubator – think tank within OneSource
- The difference between holding people accountable and allowing them to fail
- How Mike is formally coached by his direct reports
- The purpose of creating a vivid vision
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here