What could the first woman to receive her doctorate in dentistry, back in 1866 teach you about innovation and value propositions? Well, Lucy Hobbs was a woman who broke down barriers – she had a passion and a drive that led women to be empowered to strive for and achieve that which was only available to men. She was a trailblazer.
And our guests today, Chuck Cohen and Julie Radzyminski are trailblazing innovation and value propositions through Benco Dental’s Lucy Hobbs Project which empowers women in dentistry to drive change and deliver success through networking, innovation and giving back.
Through strategic planning, and stepping away from their business, Benco’s leadership team knew they needed to find a way to break free from the sameness trap that most distributors are caught in. They new they needed to stand for something meaningful to their customers. So they embarked on an innovation journey and discovered the shifts within their markets, the deep desires of their (new and changing) customer base, and created a movement throughout the entire industry.
If you have ever been labeled a commodity, if you are viewed as the same as your competitors, if you are having any troubles attracting great talent, you must listen to this episode.
In this 41 minute episode Chuck and I discuss:
- Why a privately held company would publish and distribute 20,000 Annual Reports
- Intentionally breaking from the trap of sameness that most distributors are caught in
- Using constraints as a catalyst for change and innovation
- Is a crises or having a “wolf at the door” needed to drive change and innovation?
- Building The business for the next generation … and generation after that
- Feeling the pulse of your market and defining your value proposition
- Developing a unique value proposition around deep understanding of your customer
- How an innovative value proposition can be a magnet to attract amazing talent
- How diversity in your leadership team contributes to innovation and results
- Value propositions and partnerships that lead to new revenue streams
- The role of grit and rigor in innovation
The Show Notes
- Benco Dental
- Benco 2014 Annual Report
- The Strategist: Be The Leader Your Business Needs
- The Lucy Hobbs Project
- INNOVATE! How Successful Distributors Lead Change In Disruptive Times
- Dirk Beveridge Speaking
- UnleashWD Innovation Summit
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – Navigating To A Distant Horizon: Vision and Innovation
- Episode 2 – Culture As A Differentiator
- Episode 4 – Business Model Innovation: February 29
- Episode 5 – Transformative Leadership: March 7
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here