Are you a better leader than you were five years ago? Scott Weaver, president and CEO of APR Supply certainly is. And it’s not by accident.
As we learned in our first episode with Scott APR’s vision is to double sales every five years. Well in order to do that Scott needs to become a better leader. Intentionally he identifies the skills and capabilities he brings to the job today, that if the company is to grow needs to be developed in others, so that he can find the space to develop new capabilities.
From there, the commitment to leadership manifests itself throughout APR in countless ways. From the strategic communications processes and cadence of meetings where every employee participates in daily five minute meetings and senior leadership commits 20% of their time to formal meetings.
There is much more in this deep conversation. But know … Nothing happens at APR by accident. Leadership leads.
In this 43 minute episode Scott and I discuss:
- Pace, timing, and tone the secret sauce of leadership
- The importance of strategic communication
- Gaining alignment throughout the entire organization – five minutes at a time
- Why APR commits 20% of senior leadership’s time to formal meetings
- The role and value of constructive conflict
- The difference between tactical and critical decision making
- Common thread of transformative decisions
- Why Scott makes his job obsolete every 5 years
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here