Following my first conversation on vision with Scott Weaver, president and CEO of APR Supply – the microphones were off but our conversation continued.
So I turned the microphones back on and captured another gem from Scott as it relates to using vision to drive the needed innovation within your business. Scott and his management team commit to an annual process of crafting a vivid vision that clearly defines what APR will become over the next five years.
With the vivid vision in place, they then use a process of back-chaining. Working backwards from the vision specific initiatives, innovations, and investments are defined and resourced.
For those looking to spark a renewed conversation about the future, this episode will be your catalyst.
In this 19 minute episode Scott and I discuss:
- The visioning process of backward chaining
- The importance of developing a vivid description
- When decisions to invest with now minimum or maximum dollar budgeted
- When and how to fail fast – innovate fast
- The criticality of fact based decisions through critical thinking
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here