Kathy Mazzarella is the chairman, president and CEO of Graybar, a Fortune 500 company that specializes in supply chain management services and is a leading North American distributor of high-quality components, equipment and materials for a number of industries.
With $6 billion in revenue (2014), Graybar employs thousands of men and women at more than 260 North American distribution centers. Graybar is also one of North America’s largest employee-owned companies.
In this first of five episodes with Kathy we explore the first component of The Innovative Distributor™ – Vision. Kathy explains that the ability for leaders to peer into the future and craft a compelling vision is especially important during this time of digital transformation.
Kathy goes into depth explaining the mega trends that are going to impact every businesses future success and how you must create your organizational vision to disrupt yourself.
In this episode Kathy and I explore:
- Vision as the foundation of an organization’s future
- Digital strategy as the essence of business strategy
- The integration of technology and human capital to enhance human performance
- How Graybar leadership peers into the future to craft their vision
- The core mega trends we need understand to shape our vision
- How technology is enabling non traditional competitors
- Why you should consider internships for middle-aged individuals
- The expectations of employees for their firms to become digital organizations
- Our role as leaders to pay it forward
- 5 questions every leader must ask to challenge long-held assumptions
- The risk of standing still
- Why leaders take that first step into the abyss
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here