Let’s start with the end.
In the end, what makes the difference between a good company and a great company is leadership. The ultimate success of a department, a region, an operations … the success of your company comes down to you. It’s leader.
Leadership makes the difference.
In this episode, Todd Talbot, president of Fluidmaster and I have a wide ranging discussion about leadership. The conversation is full of practical ideas that Todd has learned from his years of leading growth oriented businesses.
Yet, despite his leadership, he say’s what’s important to him is that he comes in everyday and has nothing to do. Really! Now his view of leadership is deeper than that of course (think: vision, communication, people development, alignment, team, and more) but ultimately he knows his job is not to get caught in the fray of the day to day.
But when the fray of the day to day raises it’s ugly head, well then, it’s time to bungee jump!
Why don’t you jump right in to this lesson filled and fun episode.
In this 32 minute episode Todd and I discuss:
- It’s leadership that make company’s great
- Communication as the most important leadership characteristic
- How even the best of leaders question their confidence at times
- The simplicity of leadership is not that simple when you need to execute
- Get the right people and simplicity follows
- How leaders must be confident with a vision yet open to new perspectives
- Why great leaders have nothing to do but are great at bungee jumping
- Developing Leaders
- The art of making decisions
The Show Notes
- Fluidmaster: Pioneering Innovation For 50 Years
- Admiral James Stavridis (ret) UnleashWD Keynote Presentation
- INNOVATE! How Successful Distributors Lead Change In Disruptive Times
- Dirk Beveridge Speaking
- UnleashWD Innovation Summit
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Todd Talbot Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – The Fluidmaster Way: Bold Growth Through Disciplined Progress
- Episode 2 – Culture: A Leaders Full Time Job
- Episode 3 – Accused of Selling Commodities? Time To Innovate!
- Episode 4 – 1 Vision + 3 Critical Paths = Business Model To Be #1 In The World
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here