On Monday’s episode, Mike Smith, president and CEO of OneSource talked about the importance of injecting youth into the organization. Following that discussion, Mike suggested I sit down with three of his millennials to get their take on the business, the culture, and being leaders.
In this bonus episode I talk with McKinnon Shisko OneSource’s Client Success Manager, Kelly Lang, the Plant-Wide Optimization Manager, and Ryan Sassier the manager of Digital Business.
This episode provides a new and needed perspective. Not from the c-suite, but from the lens of talented individuals who happen to be millennials.
In this 38 minute episode McKinnon, Kelly, Ryan and I discuss:
- What is required for distributors to attract great young talent
- The importance of being able to respectfully challenge the status quo
- The difference between assigning tasks and a problem to solve
- Why having access to senior management is important to young talent
- Why “Figure it out” are three of the most empowering words leaders use
- How to avoid friction when challenging the status-quo
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here
The Show Notes
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – The Future Happened Yesterday … How Do We Get Ahead of It
- Episode 2 – Getting Ahead of the Future Through A Culture of Engagement
- Episode 3 – Value Proposition
- Episode 4 – Business Model Innovation
- Episode 5 – Transformative Leadership