Today we are going to look at the fourth component part of The Innovative Distributor™ model, business model innovation with Chuck Salewsky and Dave Anttila, partners with ibeauthentic.
We begin by getting their input as to why they believe 85% of distributors are thinking that they need to rethink their business model before somebody else does. From there we dive pretty deep into the ramifications of the traditional distributor business model of moving products from Point A to Point B is becoming commoditized.
So how do we add value through our sales process, what is the role of commerce going forward, and what models do we need to be considering as we work to make ourselves invaluable to the customer.
Jump in and enjoy the conversation.
In this episode we discuss:
- Why distributors must reinvent their business model
- The commoditization of distributions basic business model
- Is it time to rename our businesses core function – distribution?
- The importance of trust
- The changing definition of relationship
- How the blend of inside sales, outside sales, and e-commerce will evolve distributor’s business models
- Why transactions must be re-imagined as experiences
- Why geography is becoming less important in defining a sales person’s territory
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here