Digital transformation and becoming a digital organization is often mentioned, without much description of what that means. In this episode, we explore OneSource’s journey to become a digital organization. What does that mean .. at OneSource that means they strive to have their digital solution to be so powerful and user friendly that both their customers and internal employees use the OneSource websites and mobile apps to manage their business, their relationship, and orders sole through digital.
To understand this journey I talk with Ryan Sassier, Manager of Digital Innovation and Josh Ramirez Product Manager at OneSource.
Throughout the conversation they share stories of listening, observing the customers and working internally to create a digital solution that adds new relevance and new value for the customer.
In this 51 minute episode Ryan, Josh and I discuss:
- Taking responsibility for the work environment
- Working with peers – who might have more years of experience – to question everything
- Becoming a digital organization
- Building value added customer experiences through digital transformation
- Using technology as a catalyst of change
- Relevance at the center of digital transformation
- How to satisfy the tech savvy customer while also meeting the needs of the “legacy” customers
- Merging analog and digital processes to bridge reluctance to move forward
- Why you must get out of the office and listen to your customer
- Why the manger of digital business is in-the-field four days a week rather then behind a computer screen writing code
- The importance of speed and agility
- The role of long-term thinking
- Innovation, creativity and the entrepreneurial spirit
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here
The Show Notes
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – The Future Happened Yesterday … How Do We Get Ahead of It
- Episode 2 – Getting Ahead of the Future Through A Culture of Engagement
- Episode 4 – Business Model Innovation
- Episode 5 – Transformative Leadership