The average business out there is stuck in a world of sameness.
So what do you do when your a business, a supply house, a distributor that has the same products, the same widgets, the same pipe, valves, and fittings as the guy down the street?
Defining that compelling value proposition that gives the customer a reason to buy from you, to give their loyalty to you, over all the other options .. to break that sameness trap needs to be at the top of leaders agenda today.
Scott Weaver, president and CEO of APR Supply has accepted that responsibility and along with the APR leadership team have defined a customer centric value proposition built around their mission of creating enthusiastic customers.
Importantly, the company and all employees are committed to delivering upon this customer centric value proposition – without fail.
Beyond platitudes and plaques on walls, they have embedded this commitment into their culture through a number of strategies and tactics that we explore throughout this episode.
In this 43 minute episode Scott and I discuss:
- Mass customization
- Customer centricity
- Having the will to be a little bit better and different than other people
- Connecting the value proposition to everyone’s job description
- Thematic goals as a leadership tool
- The importance of coaching and skill development
- Why APR takes their sales team out of the field three or four times a year
- Why APR added 15% to inventory when others were cutting back during the great recession
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here
The Show Notes
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Podcast Series
- Episode 1 – How To Double Your Business Every Five Years: Vision At Work
- Episode 2 – One North Of Fantastic: Creating and Nurturing A Fantastic Culture
- Episode 4 – APR Unique & Innovative Business Model
- Episode 5 – Transformative Leadership