What would it take to become your customer’s favorite story?
At Swagelok Northern California, “Becoming Our Customer’s Favorite Story” is not only their stated vision, it has become embedded into the day to day actions of every employee.
As Rod Fallow, President of Swagelok Northern California will tell us, the world, our businesses, and our customers have significantly changed in the last fifteen years. Predicting what that world or the needs of our customers will be in the next five to ten years is next to impossible.
Yet, if there is a real commitment to becoming you’re customers favorite story, they will give you the permission to adapt and change to whatever the future looks like.
The really cool thing about Rod and his team at Swagelok, is that they have truly built organizational belief around this very vision. In this episode of Innovate For The Future, Rod openly shares the processes and tools that have made that happen.
And, almost as a bonus we discuss some of the leading edge investments in technology Rod has made to insure they are leaders at attracting, engaging, and amazing their customers.
In this 44 minute episode Rod and I discuss:
- The power of strategic planning in a time of rapid change
- Developing a vision that guides action
- How North Stars for every employee align the organization
- Why a vision does not describe a specific destination
- The mission to attract, engage, and amaze
- The power of instant expertise
- The direction of technology and its role in distribution
- How Swagelok Northern California is currently using 3D printing
- Investing in the unknown
- And… some really cool technology they use at Swagelok Northern California
The Show Notes
- Meet Rod Fallow
- Swagelok Norther California
- Strategic Coach
- Peter Diamandis
- Beam Pro Robots
- Smart Board
- INNOVATE! How Successful Distributors Lead Change In Disruptive Times
- Dirk Beveridge Speaking
- UnleashWD Innovation Summit
Other Episodes In The 5 Part Rod Fallow Podcast Series
- Episode 2 – Culture
- Episode 3 – Value Proposition
- Episode 4 – Business Model
- Episode 5 – Transformative Leadership
Links will be provided with each episode broadcast.
Members of the free UnleashWD Online community have access to this transcript.
Not A Member? Claim Your Free Membership Here